Miceli Roofing June Hurricane Newsletter
Whether you’re a business owner or a homeowner, as we enter hurricane and tropical storm season, Miceli Roofing wants to keep you and your property protected. “The official hurricane season for the Atlantic Basin (the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean Sea, and the Gulf of Mexico) is from 1 June to 30 November” according to the National Hurricane Center. “The peak of the season is from mid-August to late October.”
The damage after the storm
Wind and water are two of the most common damages done after a hurricane or tropical storm has passed.
Although you can’t even see wind, it can and often will wreak havoc on your roof. Here are few ways wind can negatively impact your roof:
- Ripping mounted hardware out of your roof
- Throwing items such as heavy debris onto your roof
- Blowing off roof accessories, or worst, your roof
Where there is wind, there is usually water somewhere close behind. Due to the potential damage wind can cause, your roof during this season is more susceptible to having water enter your home. Water is a home’s number one enemy as it can cause issues with your building insulation, structure, and make its way inside of your property.
How to Prepare with Miceli
- Schedule a Free Consultation with Miceli Roofing
- Yearly roof evaluations are always a must but especially in hurricane/ tropical storm-prone areas. The very best defense is to schedule regular checks on your roof. Discovering small problems today may save you money and time between a roof repair and a roof replacement! Our service area for residential roofing covers all of Rhode Island, as well as parts of southeastern Massachusetts and eastern Connecticut.
- Continue Regular Roofing Maintenance
- Regular maintenance is one of the best ways to catch preliminary roof issues before they become a major problem and expense. When you work with us, your trusted roofing partner, we provide a wide range of quality materials and all of our labor is backed by 10- or 20 – year warranty. Our longevity is a testament to us having consistently provided homeowners and property managers a superior experience. Whether you need a repair or full replacement, Miceli Roofing is licensed and insured to take on whatever your project may be.
- Schedule a Gutter and Drain clearing
- Clear, clean gutters are key as your gutter system takes water from you roof system down to the ground. If your gutters are clogged, the backed-up water will sit on your roof which increases the chances that water will enter your property.
We can repair or replace roof panels damaged by storms, so you avoid leakages and larger problems later. If little issues go overlooked for long periods of time, the damage can easily grow into something far less manageable. Miceli Roofing provides the better roofing experience! Our craftsmanship, quality materials, custom estimates, and attention to details have earned us loyal clients for two generations. Contact us for your roofing needs, we’ll take care of you!